TORSO Exceptions to the Laws of the Game
TORSO is an affiliated league that abides by the Laws of the Game as published by the United States Soccer Federation (USSF). TORSO is an adult recreational league that encourages fair and competitive play. Because men and women across a wide age span compete together, TORSO has adopted the following exceptions to the Laws of the Game:
- Maximum of 5 men on the field at any time; excluding the goal keeper.
- A goal scored by a male player, including a goal scored from a penalty kick, counts as 1 point and an individual male player may not score more than 2 goals in a single game.
- A goal scored by a female player, including a goal scored from a penalty kick, counts as 2 points and an individual female player may score an unlimited number of goals in a single game.
- Deflected goal is awarded points based on the last offensive player to touch the ball.
- Unlimited substitutions permitted on goal kicks, kickoff, and a team's own throw-in.
- The team captain must substitute a cautioned player for a minimum of ten minutes. The referee will allow the substitution in the stoppage of play. If no substitute is available the team will play short of players.
- A slide tackle within playing distance of another player is a mandatory caution.
- The goalkeeper must not be charged at any time and the goalkeeper must not charge anyone else at any time.
- Sliding pants of any color are allowed.
- Drop ball restarts are taken by 2 women.
- Seven players must be present to field a team and at least 1 must be a woman.
- You have 15 minutes past game time start to field the team or forfeit the match.
- Each player must present to the referee a current USSF Player Pass (card) before entering the field of play. New registered players may present a current U.S. government-issued photo identification that states their date of birth.