About the Tournament
TORSO Soccer League is sponsoring a winter coed tournament Saturday and Sunday, December 15 and 16, 2012. The tournament divisions are Open and Over 30 in an exciting World Cup format. The tournament will be held at Dyess Park in Cypress, Texas. Individual trophies, t-shirts and top team cash prizes all make for a great experience for your team.
|Tournament Dates:||Saturday, December 15 & Sunday, December 16, 2012|
|Location:||Dyess Park - Cypress, TX | Directions|
|Divisions:||Open and Over 30 Coed|
|Entry Fee:||$350.00 per Team|
|Registration Deadline:||Monday, December 10, 2012|
|Contact:||Tournament Coordinator, Ted Brumbaugh | Email|
|Host Hotel:||Element Houston Vintage Park|
14555 Vintage Preserve Parkway
Houston, Texas 77070
281-379-7300 | Visit Web Site
Rate Guaranteed Until 11/30: $85.00/night reference TORSO WINTER CUP
|Paper Registration:||See Registration Forms & Instructions Below|
Forms and Documents
- TORSO Winter Coed Cup Entry Form (Requires Adobe Reader®)
- TORSO Winter Coed Cup Rules (Requires Adobe Reader®)
- TORSO Winter Coed Cup Roster Sheet (Requires Adobe Reader®)
- TORSO Winter Coed Cup Roster Sheet (Requires Microsoft Excel®)
Important Additional Information
- Check-in meeting Friday night, December 14 from 7-9pm at the host hotel. You will need 1 copy of your team roster and a USASA identification card for each player.
- Rosters - Teams can have up to 5 players turning 30 years old by August 31, 2013. Only 2 may be male or all 5 female. However, these players must be presented in person either Friday night check-in or Saturday morning before play with a valid picture ID. They will have a special player card made for them.
- There are no limit to guest players that are USASA registered (no transfer fees apply). Combining teams is allowed.
- Teams must be at the fields and BE READY to play at GAME TIME. A team consists of not less than 7 players one of which must be a female. A player may play on only one open division and one over 30 team (e.g. Jane Doe can play for “X” coed team and "Y" O30 team; however, Jane Doe cannot play for "X" open team and "Z" open team).
- The Winter Cup rules will be followed at all times; please print and review the rules. They are posted on the tournament page.
- All Open division games are 45 minutes halves. All Over 30 games will be 30 minute halves with 45 minute halves for semi-finals and finals.
- Scoring will follow the 10 point system: 6 points for a win, 3 points for a tie, 1 point for a shut out, 3 points max on goals. If at the end of the preliminary round there is a tie, the tie-breaker will be determined as follows: Head to Head, Goal differential ( # of goals scored for less # of goals scored against), Coin Toss.
Jerseys: the uniform shirts have to be identical with unique jersey numbers. The goalkeeper jersey does not have to have a number. Everyone has to have an alternate jersey.
Shorts: the shorts have to be the same color. If one pair has stripes and another does not, that’s OK just as long as they are the same color.
Socks: the socks have to be the same color. If some have stripes at the top, down the side, etc. and some don’t, that’s OK. However, if one person wears the striped socks (world cup style) then everyone has to wear them because a primary color is not defined.